Think Twice was registered as a Charity with the Charity Commission in England & Wales with Charity number 1144619 in November 2011. The organisation was est. for the benefit of the impoverished indigenous communities in Guatemala. Our work to date has involved the relief of poverty, the advancement of health and education.
Our accomplishments to date have included:
- Sponsorship Programme: Youths from marginalised and some of the poorest villages of Rio Dulce have successfully graduated Middle, Ciclo Basico, 7–9, 3. Middle, Ciclo Prevocacional, 13–16, 3, General Secondary Education, Secondary, Ciclo Diversificado and Technical Secondary School (Upper Secondary) levels of education during years 2011-2020.
- Nutritional Programme (Rio Dulce): Providing healthy foods and mitigation of malnutrition of the students at Casa Guatemala during years 2012-2013.
- Shelter (Rio Dulce): Construction of houses for single mothers and families during years 2011-2012.
- Medical support (Rio Dulce): First medical response in medical crises and mitigation of medical emergencies during years 2012-2016.
- In 2020, we are working in the highlands of Guatemala, Department of Solola, Panajachel in the battle against COVID-19 and economic crisis.
Poverty in Guatemala
Guatemala has experienced continued economic stability, but this has not translated into growth acceleration to close the income gap with rich countries. In fact, poverty and inequality in the country are persistently high, with Indigenous Peoples continuing to be particularly disadvantaged…– The World Bank
Educational Sponsorship Programmes
Consider a monthly payment and sponsor a child through their entire education.
Battling COVID-19 in Guatemala
A message from the Co-Founder:
“I founded Think Twice at the most organic level, on the ground with a first hand experience of the lives that we as an organisation now serve.
Through collaboration, this is our beginning and our success will be their education, health, nutrition, peace of minds and happiness while preserving their uniqueness through empowering their wonderful culture.”
– Ross Burland, Co-Founder